As of Q4 2017
In the UK
- In the UK, more than 6,800 restaurants use OpenTable technology and are bookable via opentable.co.uk and mobile apps.
- OpenTable has seated more than 109 million diners in the UK
- In the fourth quarter of 2017, 48% of OpenTable’s seated diners in the UK originated on a mobile device
- OpenTable entered the UK in 2004.
- OpenTable was founded in 1998 by Chuck Templeton, a former marketer who observed the difficulty his wife faced while trying to book a dinner reservation by phone.
- OpenTable is the world’s leading provider of online restaurant reservations.
- OpenTable hospitality solutions enable restaurants to manage their reservation book, streamline their operations and enhance their service levels.
- GuestCenter is OpenTable’s flagship cloud-based hospitality product for restaurants around the globe. The product has been designed and custom-built from the ground up to help restaurants run and grow their business
- Since its inception, OpenTable has seated more than 5 billion diners via online reservations, representing approximately $63 billion (£45 billion/ Euro 51 billion) spent at partner restaurants. OpenTable seats more than 25 million diners via online reservations each month.
- More than 45,000 restaurants around the globe are customers of OpenTable.
- OpenTable has seated more than 610 million diners worldwide through its mobile solutions, representing more than $24 billion in revenue (£17 billion/Euro 19.2 billion) for OpenTable restaurant customers.
- In the fourth quarter of 2017, 56% of OpenTable’s global seated diners originated on a mobile device.
- Since its introduction in 2008, the OpenTable Reviews program has generated more than 64 million reviews by verified diners. OpenTable diners contribute more than 1 million restaurant reviews each month.
- OpenTable has bookable restaurants in more than 20 countries, including Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States. Restaurants are available for reservations in Dutch, English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish languages.
- OpenTable has integrations with nearly 600 brands, including Amazon Alexa, Eater, Facebook Messenger, Google, Snapchat, TripAdvisor, Yahoo! and Zagat. In aggregate, integrations account for less than 10 percent of diners seated each month via OpenTable.
- OpenTable is headquartered in San Francisco, California and is led by CEO Christa Quarles.
- In July 2014, OpenTable was acquired by Booking Holdings, Inc. which trades on the NASDAQ under the symbol “BKNG.”