As of Q1 2017
In the UK
- In the UK, more than 6,400 restaurants use OpenTable technology and are bookable via opentable.co.uk and mobile apps.
- OpenTable has seated more than 92 million diners in the UK.
- In the first quarter of 2017, 45% of the seated diners in the UK originated on a mobile device.
- OpenTable entered the UK in 2004 and acquired toptable in October 2010. In 2014 the toptable consumer brand changed to OpenTable.
- OpenTable was founded in 1998 by Chuck Templeton, a former marketer who observed the difficulty his wife faced while trying to book a dinner reservation by phone.
- OpenTable is the world’s leading provider of online restaurant reservations.
- OpenTable hospitality solutions enable restaurants to manage their reservation book, streamline their operations and enhance their service levels.
- Since its inception, OpenTable has seated more than 1.3 billion diners, representing more than $50 billion (£40 billion) spent at partner restaurants. OpenTable seats more than 22 million diners each month.
- More than 42,000 restaurants around the globe are customers of OpenTable.
- OpenTable has seated more than 480 million diners worldwide through its mobile solutions, representing more than $19 billion (£15 billion) in revenue for OpenTable restaurant customers.
- In the first quarter of 2017, more than 53% of OpenTable’s global seated diners originated on a mobile device.
- Since its introduction in 2008, the OpenTable Reviews program has generated more than 53 million reviews by verified diners. OpenTable diners contribute more than 1 million restaurant reviews each month.
- OpenTable has bookable restaurants in more than 20 countries, including Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, United Kingdom and the United States.
- OpenTable has integrations with nearly 600 major brands, including Amazon Alexa, Eater, Facebook Messenger, Google, TripAdvisor, Yahoo! and Zagat. In aggregate, integrations account for less than 10 percent of diners seated each month via OpenTable.
- OpenTable is headquartered in San Francisco, California and is led by CEO Christa Quarles.
- In July 2014, OpenTable was acquired by The Priceline Group which trades on the NASDAQ under the symbol “PCLN.”