As of Q2 2016
In the UK
- In the UK, more than 5,100 restaurants use OpenTable technology and are bookable via opentable.co.uk and mobile apps.
- OpenTable has seated more than 76 million diners in the UK.
- In the second quarter of 2016, 39% of the seated diners in the UK originated on a mobile device. OpenTable has apps for Android, iOS and Windows Phone 8 as well as a mobile optimised site.
- OpenTable entered the UK in 2004 and acquired toptable in October 2010. In 2014 the toptable consumer brand changed to OpenTable.
- OpenTable was founded in 1998 by Chuck Templeton, a former marketer who observed the difficulty his wife faced while trying to book a dinner reservation by phone.
- OpenTable is the world’s leading provider of online restaurant reservations.
- OpenTable hospitality solutions enable restaurants to manage their reservation book, streamline their operations and enhance their service levels.
- Since its inception, OpenTable has seated more than one billion diners, representing more than $45 billion (£34 billion) spent at partner restaurants. OpenTable seats more than 20 million diners each month.
- More than 38,000 restaurants around the globe are customers of OpenTable.
- OpenTable has seated more than 370 million diners worldwide through its mobile solutions, representing more than $14 billion (£10 billion) in revenue for OpenTable restaurant customers.
- In the second quarter of 2016, more than 50% of OpenTable’s global seated diners originated on a mobile device.
- Since its introduction in 2008, the OpenTable Reviews program has generated more than 42 million reviews by verified diners. OpenTable diners contribute more than 650,000 restaurant reviews each month.
- OpenTable has a presence in Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, United Kingdom, and the United States.
- In September 2015, The Priceline Group announced the acquisition of AS Digital, a leading provider of restaurant table and reservation management solutions in Australia, expanding OpenTable’s global footprint in the digital restaurant reservation booking business.
- OpenTable has nearly 600 partners, including Google, TripAdvisor, Bing, Yahoo!, Zagat and Eater. In aggregate, partners account for less than 10 percent of diners seated each month via OpenTable.
- OpenTable is headquartered in San Francisco, California and is led by CEO Christa Quarles.
- In July 2014, OpenTable was acquired by The Priceline Group which trades on the NASDAQ under the symbol “PCLN.”